Can I launder my items at home?
Except for our cashmere and wool styles, LETTO is easily washed and dried at home. Avoid high temperatures and harsh chemicals. Don’t “boil, bake, or bleach” your fabrics and they will wear well and maintain their great feel.
- Wash bedding with products specifically designed for fine fabrics, one without chemicals, caustics, or bleaches that works well in cold water. Our favorites are by Le Blanc®.
- Wash your bedding or towels with like items (a set of sheets for example) on cold to warm temperatures.
- Tumble dry on low to medium temperatures and don’t over-dry.
- Iron on medium if desired
Can I have my bedding professionally cleaned?
A fantastic personal indulgence is sending your bedding “out” to be professionally laundered. We recommend that you use a reputable service that will wash (not dry clean) your sheets and washable duvet covers. There’s nothing like slipping into freshly pressed sheets.
What about wrinkles?
We embrace wrinkles in bedding- and in life! Because our bedding is made of natural fibers, wrinkles come with the territory. For a truly pressed look, items may be ironed. There are also ways to easily reduce wrinkles and quickly make your bed:
- When transferring your bedding from washer to dryer, give items a quick shake to release some of the creases.
- Dry on low to medium heat and remove items while they still have a tiny amount of moisture and warmth.
- Spread items out flat on your bed and smooth any remaining creases with your hands.
Why can’t I use fabric softener?
Softeners and dryer sheets coat fibers with oils and chemicals that make bedding less breathable, towels less absorbent, and shorten the life of your fabrics. We encourage you to skip them!
Will my items shrink?
All washable items are either pre-washed or sized to allow for shrinkage after laundering.
We recommend laundering all washable items before use.